- Project completion date:June 2020
- Overall value of project:$22.5m
- Location:Canberra Airport, ACT
- Client:Canberra Airport Group
The northern extension of Taxiway Bravo allows the efficient operation of the Canberra Airports main Runway, 17/35. The project consists of 1.5kms of new pavement and associated infrastructure.
The construction works for the Project include the following:
- Utility relocations, including aeronautical ground lighting, air services communications, sewer and potable water.
- New stormwater infrastructure and adjustments to the existing network.
- Bulk earthworks for pavement construction.
- Pavement construction adjacent to runway, consisting of lean mix concrete subbase and foam bitumen stabilised base with asphalt wearing course.
- Environmental management within Natural Temperate Grassland and Grassland Earless Dragon habitat.
- Installation of linemarking and associated aeronautical ground lighting.